Natural stone tiles are the perfect choice if you are considering new floors and walls in your bathroom. Bathroom tiles are required to be robust, water resistant and non slip which makes natural stone tiles ideal for bathrooms and adds value to your home. The timeless elegance of natural stone tiles means that they are never out of date or fashion. Natural stone tiles have been around for hundreds of years so have been proven to stand the test of time so are ideal for the hard wearing requirements of a bathroom.
You can choose from bathroom tiles in marble, limestone, slate and travertine and with all come in a range of natural colours from silver greys and blacks of the Silver Grey Slate, to natural cream and ivory tones of Ivory Travertine natural stone tiles, to coppers and browns of the Light Emperador Marble bathroom tiles. Each of these materials have come in a range of finishes from honed and tumbled which gives a natural edge to each tile to having filled and unfilled tiles which gives you the option of having a completely flat surface to each tile known as filled, or keeping the natural soft look of each tile known as unfilled.
Not only can you use natural stone bathroom tiles for floors but also walls and shower enclosures and bathroom surfaces, splashbacks and sink tops.
The standard and popular trend is to have the same colour and material over the floor area but trends come and go and it is very in vogue at the moment to have patterns and colour variations on the floor and wall areas. This may incorporate using a central floor tile design or a mosaic tile pattern in the centre of the room which really creates an individual and unique floor tile design.
Having border floor and wall bathroom tiles can really break up floor tile colours and larger border tiles will really make an impression. These can be larger tile sizes made from natural stone such as travertine tiles or granite tiles. The colour variations can also be changed adding real contrast.
Natural stone tiles come in a variety of sizes which can create a unique look to a bathroom from 900 x 900 sized flagstones of the Charcoal Black Slate Riven & Brushed Bathroom Tiles which are ideal for large spaces to 50 x 50 mm sized tiles available on a sheet for easy laying. Mosaic tiles make an ideal choice for borders and shower enclosures like the Bottocino Marble Mosaic Bathroom Tiles with each individual tile measuring 23 x 23 again available on a 305 x 305 sheet for easier laying. Pebble mosaic tiles make a unique feature in any bathroom with their rounded pebbles clustered together to make a beautiful natural look and feel to a bathroom.
Heritage Stone Company supply a wide range of natural stone floor tiles and wall tiles for use in bathrooms and all other living spaces. We also supply underfloor heating systems.
Natural stone tiles can be used in both business and residential properties in kitchens, bathrooms, hallways, conservatories, living areas and for exterior paved areas, on walls as well as floors.
Stone Tiles are robust, practical, hardwearing and hygienic which suits our modern lifestyles. Using natural stone not only has an appearance of elegance and sophistication with it’s natural beauty; it is timeless. It doesn’t date or go out of fashion.
Natural stone tile flooring is often used to create a sense of space by seamlessly using natural stone floor tiles throughout an interior area and exterior of your home can ‘open up’ an area.
There are many natural stone floor materials, from marble tiles, limestone, granite tiles to travertine tiles to choose from. Marble tiles can create a classic, luxurious look and slate tiles create a rustic look to a floor in a country cottage. Highly polished limestone tiles create a contemporary feel and some travertine floor tiles manage to combine elegance with a rustic style. There are inlays that can be added to create borders and patterns to a tiled floor and the colours are all beautifully natural yet available in every hue and finish you could dream of and more from highly polished to tumbled and honed.
There are many practical advantages of using stone tiles throughout your home, here are just a few.
1. A natural stone floor provides a hard wearing, easy to clean and maintain, durable floor covering.
2. Adds value to your property. Natural stone flooring is timeless and not affected by fashion trends. Its natural beauty has been tried, tested and used since the dawn of time and adds elegance to your property which will add value to your property and radiates a stylish and classy look.
3. Every piece of stone floor tile is unique and never identical. Each stone tile has special veining, colouring, and natural characteristics which will create a floor covering that is timeless.
4. The choices of stone, colour and finish is infinite. Some of the commonly used stones include travertine, slate, marble, granite, sandstone and limestone.
5. Low maintenance. Natural stone flooring is compatible with our hectic lifestyles, requiring little in the way of maintenance.
6. Stone floors can help keep the climate cooler in your home and is the preferred choice for properties in warmer climates.
7. Hygienic. Stone flooring provides a hygienic floor surface that does not store dust, pet hairs, skin etc and provides an ideal floor to keep clean.
8. Natural stone flooring is the best option if you are considering underfloor heating. It’s probably the best conductor of heat covering you can have.
9. Stone floors are also very sturdy and durable. Also, you do not have to worry about stains, since they’re stain resistant.
10. Maintenance and cleaning. A regular soft brush and mop to clean your stone floor tiles should be enough for general upkeep of your stone floor. Specialist products are available to help provide a deep clean. There are also specialist stone tile cleaning companies that can help remove scratches, deep clean, polish and rebuff as well as provide a stone tile floor re-sealing service which is vital to maintain its beauty.
To see our range of natural stone tile flooring click on the link.