Natural stone tiles can be used in both business and residential properties in kitchens, bathrooms, hallways, conservatories, living areas and for exterior paved areas, on walls as well as floors.
Stone Tiles are robust, practical, hardwearing and hygienic which suits our modern lifestyles. Using natural stone not only has an appearance of elegance and sophistication with it’s natural beauty; it is timeless. It doesn’t date or go out of fashion.
Natural stone tile flooring is often used to create a sense of space by seamlessly using natural stone floor tiles throughout an interior area and exterior of your home can ‘open up’ an area.
There are many natural stone floor materials, from marble tiles, limestone, granite tiles to travertine tiles to choose from. Marble tiles can create a classic, luxurious look and slate tiles create a rustic look to a floor in a country cottage. Highly polished limestone tiles create a contemporary feel and some travertine floor tiles manage to combine elegance with a rustic style. There are inlays that can be added to create borders and patterns to a tiled floor and the colours are all beautifully natural yet available in every hue and finish you could dream of and more from highly polished to tumbled and honed.
There are many practical advantages of using stone tiles throughout your home, here are just a few.
1. A natural stone floor provides a hard wearing, easy to clean and maintain, durable floor covering.
2. Adds value to your property. Natural stone flooring is timeless and not affected by fashion trends. Its natural beauty has been tried, tested and used since the dawn of time and adds elegance to your property which will add value to your property and radiates a stylish and classy look.
3. Every piece of stone floor tile is unique and never identical. Each stone tile has special veining, colouring, and natural characteristics which will create a floor covering that is timeless.
4. The choices of stone, colour and finish is infinite. Some of the commonly used stones include travertine, slate, marble, granite, sandstone and limestone.
5. Low maintenance. Natural stone flooring is compatible with our hectic lifestyles, requiring little in the way of maintenance.
6. Stone floors can help keep the climate cooler in your home and is the preferred choice for properties in warmer climates.
7. Hygienic. Stone flooring provides a hygienic floor surface that does not store dust, pet hairs, skin etc and provides an ideal floor to keep clean.
8. Natural stone flooring is the best option if you are considering underfloor heating. It’s probably the best conductor of heat covering you can have.
9. Stone floors are also very sturdy and durable. Also, you do not have to worry about stains, since they’re stain resistant.
10. Maintenance and cleaning. A regular soft brush and mop to clean your stone floor tiles should be enough for general upkeep of your stone floor. Specialist products are available to help provide a deep clean. There are also specialist stone tile cleaning companies that can help remove scratches, deep clean, polish and rebuff as well as provide a stone tile floor re-sealing service which is vital to maintain its beauty.
To see our range of natural stone tile flooring click on the link.